Winter Wonderland, My Ass

/
0 Comments
Do you remember when you were a kid? The winter months of school had finally come after enduring a full three already. Every day, you'd look outside, hoping for snowfall. Because it meant only one thing to you: no school. Snow days are what every kid lives for! You would get to stay home, for a day. Maybe more, but those extra ones were always icing on the cake.

Now, you're an adult. Maybe with kids of your own. How do you like snow now? A snow day screws up everything! The kids stay home from school and you need a babysitter or the use of a vacation/sick day. Goodness help you if you're a part-timer and don't get compensated for days you miss because you work by the hour. I find myself in the latter category.

I used to view snow with wonder and excitement. How do I see it now? Well, it's a pain in the ass! Looking out the window on a winter day and seeing snow coming down or hearing a forecaster tell me snow is on the way means that I have a higher percentage of missing work that day. And that bothers me.

So, here's what I say to you, Winter. Go away. You're driving me nutso. One day, I swear, I'm going to go stark raving mad. When I die -- after spending the rest of my life in a mental institution, of course -- my headstone will say: "Here lies M. Harrison, in ardent opposition to snow."

Just thought I'd share...


You may also like