How To Grow A Readership

/
0 Comments
Hey, beautiful readers!

So, I've been thinking a lot. I'm just starting to publish work. Even though I've been writing for almost half my life so far, I have no readership to actually pay attention to my books! This is a new venture for me, marketing my work. So I set out on the old dusty trail of marketing.

How can I effectively build an audience who likes what I write? That's the burning question. I certainly don't want to wait around until people stumble across my books, right? That's kind of lazy, and just an all-around bad idea.

Google has always been my friend and rarely let's me down, so I decided to start there. Many different searches were done using the terms "self published" "author" "marketing" "how to". I was just trying to get one good idea to get me rolling. And I came across a great, unlikely idea.

OFFER FREE BOOKS TO READ!

To be perfectly honest, I never would have thought this was a good idea. I mean, you'd think that offering free stuff would be counter-productive, right? But it's not. As I was reading through all the articles I came across, it kept popping up. People like free stuff. And it occurred to me that I wouldn't want to buy a book from an author I'd never read anything by before. A free book would give me an idea of what their writing style is, and it would also go a long way to engendering me to them in the future. 

So I've decided to do a bunch of work and make it all free. A new author making all of her work free? Crazy, right? Maybe. But it's also pretty freaking ingenious.

So, Aconite is now free on many platforms including Kindle, Nook, and iTunes. And there's more from where that came from. So stay tuned.


You may also like